- Have fun. This is absolutely non-negotiable.
- Be nice. It goes without saying, but be respectful to your fellow players. Don't cross the IC/OOC line. No harassment of any form will be tolerated. No godmodding is allowed. Any violation of these terms may result in removal.
- Usernames should be out-of-character and relate to your comicverse claim in some way, with no underscores or numbers.
- Trigger warnings must be visible for any sensitive or NSFW material and content must be under a cut. As a courtesy to players who have mobile internet access, please also put large images or videos under a cut.
- Make sure you don't use a noembed code in your userinfo. The moderators check friend-all button updates as a sign of activity and noembed makes it hard to do so.
- All Centurions characters must be based on or inspired by an existing comic book character in the super heroes/super villains genre. For details on this, please see the "Plot F.A.Q.s" tab.
- We accept characters from any publishing house as long as they're still in line with the super heroes/super villains theme. We are happy to discuss this on a case-by-case basis if you're unsure your claim would fit.
- There are no rigid restrictions on character overlaps. However we ask players with characters who interact in the same universe to be mindful of the effect it has on plots and teams. Using multiple characters from the same universe to sway plot in the player's favor will not be permitted.
- PBs must be easily located via a Google search and must be considered a public person. We do not accept original or deceased PBs. All PBs (and characters) must be 18+ and PBs must be within a 5-year range of the character's age.
- Due to the nature of our plot involving heroes being reincarnated in human bodies, we don't require any similarity of physical appearance to their comicverse persona. This goes for age, ethnicity and gender. We do, however, ask that characters who are depicted as POC in the comics be played as POC. We also allow gender bending and ask that it only be done in a male-to-female direction. Comic book heroes have historically been dominated by white males, so we encourage players to be creative and bring in a more diverse and inclusive cast of characters.
- The current character limit is 4 per writer. Please disclose all the characters you play when applying. Failure to do so may result in removal.
Additional characters will only be considered if all current characters have met minimum activity requirements. You must fully introduce and update your current character(s) at least once before bringing in an additional character.
Activity must be spread equally between all characters before more applications will be considered. This means that we will look at things such as your presence on the friends-page, plot posts and activities or how often the friends button has been run to determine if another character will be allowed. If you are constantly asking for extensions or adding/dropping characters, we may not allow another one.
We ask that players wait at least 4 rounds of adds (or roughly 2 weeks) before applying for a second character. For third and fourth characters, we ask that players wait a full activity cycle (30 days) in between applying each additional character, to allow time to adjust to the game's rhythm and to grow accustomed to their own characters.
We encourage diversity in a player's characters. For example: if you already play two females, consider making your third a male; and try to stray from playing more than one of a certain archetype, alignment or universe.
If the gender ratio is uneven by more than 5 characters, an automatic gender cap per player will go into effect. For example, if there are at least 5 more females than males, players who already play 2 or more females may only apply a male character until the ratio's evened out. The cap is only pertinent to additional characters and will not affect those already in play.
Character swaps (dropping one in favor of applying a new one) are considered an application for an additional character. As such, the new application will only be considered if all requirements for additional characters are met. This includes activity and community engagement requirements, as well as time span between new additions. We'll count from the date of acceptance of your most recently added character for this. Any gender caps in effect will also apply to character swaps.
- Each activity cycle runs from the first day or the month to the last day of the month at 6PM ET. Removals will happen at this time, regardless of whether it is adds day or not. If you need an extension, please request one in the Activity Tracker before this time. Once removals are completed, players will need to supply an update to reapply.
- Upon acceptance, an intro is required before the next set of adds. A full bio is required one week after acceptance. Neighborhood and faction information must be submitted along with the bios, a week into the game. Bios will fulfill the written update requirement for the month in which they're due. Characters will also be expected to post an additional interactive (random) post within 3 weeks of acceptance. Due dates for updates will be clearly listed in the Activity Tracker to avoid confusion.
- After the character's first activity cycle in the game, minimum activity requirements include two posts per month, with at least one being a written (minimum of 300 words) or heavily-coded update and at least one being open to comments. Players may mix and mash these requirements as they wish. Most players fulfill this requirement with a narrative or visual update and a random or lyrics post. Any additional updates over the course of the month may be used for activity points in exchange for silk parachutes. See the "Powers & Original Features." tab for more info on these. Activity requirement links may not be used for Silk Parachutes points.
- Each player is responsible for demonstrating they have met the requirements by providing a link to the activity in the Activity Tracker prior to the deadline. To drop off an activity link, simply paste the URL for the journal entry in the Tracker. Even if the update links to another website, we'll check you off based on the entry link in your journal.
- Please note that if you use a visual or coded update without text for your activity requirement one month, you must submit a written update for activity, the next. As we are a writing community that focuses on character development, we encourage players to delve into their character through varied types of updates, not being limited to a single format or type of content every month.
- As one of our values is community spirit, players must also fulfill community interaction requirements in order to be considered active. This includes updating the friend-all button at least once every 2 weeks, commenting posts and updates on the friends-page, participating in community events or gamewide plot posts, reaching out to new members, among others. No removals will happen due to lack of community participation without previous and repeated attempts at dialogue with the players.
- Applications for additional characters will only be considered if all current characters are fully engaged in the community life. We don't expect characters to comment every single post on the friends-page, but we ask that players are also active within the rest of the community and interact outside of their storylines in order to be considered active. ~Centurions is a game which is focused on group play and collective world building. As such, we hope to highlight these features.
Hiatuses, extensions & overrides
Hiatuses, extensions & overrides
- Overrides are not allowed in this game. Up to 3 extensions on the written activity requirement will be granted in a period of 6 months. Barring extenuating circumstances, extensions will not be granted on consecutive months. Barring extenuating circumstances, extensions will not be granted on the interactive (random post) activity requirement. Extensions last until the next set of adds post removal and are meant to help players finish an update in case of an emergency.
- Players may request a hiatus at any time. Up to 2 hiatuses may be requested in a period of 6 months. Hiatuses may be requested for a minimum of 1 week to up to 4 weeks each. Characters will be expected to update within a week of their return. This is true for all characters that a player who goes on hiatus holds. A random post will suffice to fulfill this requirement.
- Hiatuses will not be granted for only one of several characters that a player holds. Hiatuses serve as a break when real life commitments or events get in the way of roleplay. When on hiatus, characters must remain completely inactive. This includes IC posts, OOC plot posts, storylines posts, presence in advertising communities or any other form of activity related to game play. Any public activity will void a hiatus and the character(s) will be expected to update within a week of their return.
- You will need an out-of-character screened post and an in-character spam post in order to apply. Please make sure they're backdated as a courtesy to current members.
- Full bios will be required one week after acceptance. Acceptance will be based on writing examples submitted with your application. We ask that you submit at least two scene/thread samples with several replies each and at least one narrative or first person entry. As we don't require a bio upon application, please show us your best work.
- If your application is denied, feel free to inquire as to why. All inquiries will be answered before the next round of adds. Common reasons for denial include non-adherence to the rules, missing or insufficient examples, or not being a good fit for current community dynamics. If there's anything that can be changed in your application to try again, we'll let you know.